more
news

From the Field

Tullow in Côte d’Ivoire acquisition

LONDON, October 12, 2017 – Tullow Oil has picked up four licences onshore Côte d’Ivoire, the London-based company announced on Thursday.

 

Tullow has acquired a 90% interest in blocks CI518, CI519, CI301 and CI302, with the remaining 10% being held by NOC Petroci. The company intends to conduct a full tensor gradiometry survey in the blocks, which are situated near existing crude deposits, in the beginning of 2018, Tullow added in a statement.

“I am very pleased to have signed the licences for these blocks and look forward to exploring again in Côte d’Ivoire,” said CEO Paul McDade. “We have a long history in Côte d’Ivoire having been in country since 1997 and I am excited about the potential that these blocks, with their proven petroleum system, offer.”

Stay Informed